Non-Licensure Nursing Program Authorizations
There is no expectation that these programs will lead to any type of licensure or certification. It is recommended that you contact the appropriate agency to determine if these programs will meet other types of professional advancement or development requirements according to your goals.
- B.S.N. Nursing - RN to BSN
- M.S.N. Nursing
- Informatics Track
- Leadership Track
- Nurse Educator Track
- Graduate Certificate
- Healthcare Informatics
- Nurse Educator
These programs are currently approved or exempt from approval, and meet the regulatory requirements to be offered to students who are physically present in the following states:
*For Students Physically Present in IOWA: 655 Iowa Administrative Code 2.10(6) requires that we notify prospective students in Iowa that nursing courses with a clinical component may not be taken by a person:
- who has been denied licensure by the board.
- whose license is currently suspended, surrendered or revoked in any U.S. jurisdiction.
- whose license/registration is currently suspended, surrendered or revoked in another country due to disciplinary action.
These programs cannot currently enroll students who are physically present in: Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Louisiana, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New York, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, or Washington state.
Clinicals: The ability to participate in clinical placements in your state is contingent on:
- clinical work taking place in an approved state,
- holding a current, unencumbered state RN license, and
- your ability to secure a program approved clinical site and preceptor.
Our Nursing programs are nationally accredited by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE), following the AACN Essentials, and have the approval of the Georgia Board of Nursing. Columbus State University is regionally accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC).
Contact the State Authorization office at email@example.com for additional details on out of state requirements for these programs, or if you do not see your state included in the information above. Your email should include:
- Your name
- State(s) you will physically live in while taking classes/participating in field experiences
- Program of interest