Welcome to the GOML M.Ed or MAT collaborative programs at Columbus State University!
I received my Quick Admit approval e-mail. What do I do now?
Step-by-Step guide for new CSU/GOML students
Have you recently been admitted to one of the new, CSU-Georgia ONmyLINE (GOML) graduate programs? Are you trying to figure out what to do next? This page is designed to guide you through your next steps, assist you in accessing the various systems you will use, and provide you with resources available to you as a student. PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY AND RETAIN IT FOR YOUR RECORDS.
As a newly admitted CSU/GOML student you will receive a notification of Quick Admission approval via email.
Step #1: Make note of three very important pieces of information you will need to complete steps 2 through 7. This information can be found in your Quick Admit E-mail:
- CSU CougarNet e-mail address
- Academic advisor’s name and contact information
- CSU Student Identification Number (9-digit number at the bottom of your e-mail beginning with ‘909’)
Step #2: Log into your CSU CougarNet E-mail Account
Your CougarNet e-mail address is the official means of communication from CSU faculty and staff, and your address will serve as your username for other GOML systems. Your CougarNet e-mail address was included in your Quick Admit Approval E-mail. In some cases your advisor may have already sent an e-mail to your CougarNet account, but if not, you need to initiate contact with your advisor using this account.
To access CougarNet:
- Visit the CSU homepage http://www.columbusstate.edu/ and select the CougarNet link in the upper right section of the screen.
- To log into the CougarNet system for the first time, enter your username and PIN which is your 6-digit birth date using 2-digit year (MMDDYY).
- You should change your PIN to a password you can remember upon your first system log in.
**Trouble logging into or accessing your CougarNet E-mail Account? Contact the UITS Helpdesk (University Information Technology Services) 706-507-8199, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step #3: Contact your Academic Advisor
Your academic advisor will serve your advisor for the duration of your time as a CSU-GOML student. You must contact your academic advisor each semester to have your registration hold lifted. In some cases, when you log into the CougarNet e-mail system for the first time, you may have an e-mail waiting on you from your advisor. If not, you should contact your advisor by phone or using your CougarNet e-mail.
Step #4: Make note of your CSU Student Identification Number
All GOML students who declare CSU as their home institution are issued a CSU Student ID or “909 Number”. This number serves in place of your Social Security Number, must be used in communications with CSU faculty and staff. You can find this number at the top of your Quick Admit Approval E-mail.
To look up your Student ID:
- Visit https://isis.columbusstate.edu/csuid/
- Enter and submit the requested information, and your Student ID number will be provided. Make a note of this number and commit it to memory.
** Trouble obtaining your ID Number? If you have problems with your ‘909’ Student ID Number please contact the UITS helpdesk @ 706-507-8199, Enrollment Services @ 706-507-8800 or email Columbus State University at email@example.com.
Step #5: Register for classes
- Login to your CourgarNet account and click on the enrollment services tab.
- Click on Drop/Add/Withdraw under the Registration Column.
- If you have already found your classes by using the course schedule, enter the CRN in the boxes at the bottom of the page and click submit. If not, click on "search for classes" select search options. Select your course by clicking the box. Click sumbit at the bottom of the screen
**Keep in mind the section capacity available is split between several different institutions. For example: If there are 30 seats available for EDAT 6001, only 15 seats will show as available, because the other 15 seats will show as available on Georgia Southern University's schedule.
Step #6: Pay your fees
Since CSU is your home institution, you will pay for your GOML courses through CougarNet. Once logged into CougarNet, click on the Enrollment Services Tab and look under Tuition & Fees to view your information and pay online. Please allow 2 to 5 business days after you complete your GOML Course Registration for your course schedule and tuition due, to reflect in CougarNet.
If you want to apply for Financial Aid check out the Financial Aid website at http://finaid.columbusstate.edu/ or call 706-507-8800. If you already applied for Financial Aid, you can look in CougarNet under the Enrollment Services Tab at the Financial Aid section. Students are responsible for ensuring financial aid coverage or making payment arrangements with the CSU Student Accounts Office. Fee payment deadline for GOML classes is the day registration closes for any term, see important dates. Students whose fees are not paid or for whom arrangements have not been made by the fee payment deadline will be dropped from classes. Call 706-507-8897 for Student Accounts.
**Trouble paying your fees or notice a problem with the fees assessed? Contact Student Accounts 706-507-8897.
Step #7: Accessing the E-Classroom
The GOML online courses use the GeorgiaVIEW WebCT Vista System (also known as WebCT or WebCT Vista). You will be able to log into your classes on the first day of class (see GOML Academic Term Calendar). Please note: the GeorgiaVIEW WebCT System for GOML programs can only be accessed using the link below. This system will serve as the hub for your GOML courses. Here you will attend class, correspond with your classmates and professors, check your grades and much more.
To log into your online courses:
- Access the system at https://goml.view.usg.edu
- Log into the system using:
- Username: CougarNet login name with @csu appended on: lastname_firstname@csu (Some login names are followed by digits - If you are not sure you can look yours up: https://isis.columbusstate.edu/csuid/) Your CougarNet login name is the first part of your CSU e-mail. Please be aware that your username for GOML is NOT your CSU e-mail address.
- Password: CougarNet password at the time you registered for classes.
The log-in information for the GOML Registration System & the GeorgiaVIEW system is the same; however, these are separate systems. You will need to use your Birthday Password on your first log in, into each system.
Click above if you encounter technical problems- HelpDesk Resources are available for your needs!